Stationary Seals & Rotating Air Seals (2022)
Honeycomb seals have been used since the inception of the aerospace industry as sealing components to optimise airflow.
Why are these seals so important?
- Provide maximum concentration of the airflow processes in the engine.
- Guarantee the required density for the efficient operation of the engine.
- Ensure that the airflow only flows in the desired direction, both in rotating and stationary high-pressure and low-pressure parts.
- Engine parts assembled with sealing honeycomb include segments and stationary /rotating ring-shape air seals.
What overhaul work is possible for these parts?
- The most common is the replacement of the honeycomb seal structure. In addition, the required final dimension of the honeycombs can be achieved by unconventional machining.
- Depending on the function of the part, thermal spraying, welding, brazing, heat treatments; welded or brazed spare parts can often be replaced.
- Some unexpected malfunctions are not mentioned in the OEM documentation, in which case we will carry out the necessary repairs after DR approval.